- 4 links fresh Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 - 5 medium porcini mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 lb. fresh pici pasta (linguine will work too)
- Crumble and brown the sausage in a large sauté pan.
- Add the garlic and porcini, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon (deglazing).
- Salt and pepper to taste. Note that since this flavors for "sauce" come primarily from the delicate balance of salty sausage and savory porcini, I didn't feel it necessary to add additional salt. The sausage supplements the porcini just fine on its own.
- Reduce heat to healthy simmer for a few minutes until the porcini are cooked and the wine has reduced about halfway.
- Mix cooked-to-al-dente pici pasta into the sauce and serve immediately.