- Old fashioned oats
Mix-In Combination Suggestions
- Chopped dates, blueberry-infused Craisins, slivered almonds
- Brown sugar, raisins
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a glass baking dish of whichever size you prefer, pour out an even layer of oats 1/4" thick.
- Transfer the oats to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss in your mix-ins.
- Add a splash of water and mix.
- Add enough honey (in multiple parts) so that the granola begins to stick together but is not saturated and runny.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper ensuring there is enough to run up the sides as well.
- Dump the granola mixture into the pan and spread with a fork or spatula.
- Compress the granola with a rubber-edged scraper (like this one) so that it has an even thickness throughout the entire dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so. The granola may begin to brown slightly (but only slightly). Be careful not to let it get too brown as this will cause your bars to harden beyond edibility once they have cooled.
- Pull the granola from the pan using the parchment paper and cut into bars immediately.
- Best served warm, but also tasty once cooled.