- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 t. red pepper powder
- 12 chicken wings and drummies
- 1/4 c. beer
- 8 oz. Gorgonzola cheese (although bleu cheese is preferable)
- 4 oz. plain Greek-style yogurt
- Combine the flour and red pepper in a mixing bowl, salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge the chicken pieces through the flour mixture and set aside.
- After all chicken pieces are coated, add the beer and a good amount of Tobasco (I use ~1/3 of a bottle), mixing thoroughly.
- Dredge the chicken through the batter and transfer immediately to an oiled frying pan.
- When the chicken has browned on all sides, reduce the heat and cover for an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the cheese in a small pan on low heat and mix in the yogurt.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a paper towel-covered plate and dab off the excess oil.
- Give the chicken another healthy dousing of Tobasco and serve immediately with the Gorgonzola dip.
Post a Comment