- 1 mozzarella ball, in 1/4" slices
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- Dredge the mozzarella pieces through each of the coatings starting with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Heat a pan with a generous amount of frying oil until the oil is hot.
- Carefully drop the breaded mozzarella pieces into the pan, flipping them after a minute or two.
- When fully cooked through, move the mozzarella pieces to a paper towel-covered plate to drain the excess oil.
- Season to taste and serve with marinara arrabiata or your dipping sauce of choice.