- 2 c. dried white beans (like Great Northern)
- 1.25 lb. fresh sausage, chopped
- 1.5 red onion, minced
- Handful sage
- Small handful thyme, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 2.5 c. dry white wine
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 3 c. beef stock
- Boil the beans in water for a couple minutes, then cover and remove from heat. Let the beans sit for an hour or so. They will nearly double in size.
- After the beans have set, combine the sausage, onion, sage, thyme and garlic in a large pot on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until sausage cooks through and onions become tender.
- Add the wine while scraping the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck pieces. There should be enough wine to completely cover the solid contents. Let this simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix in the tomato paste and beef stock.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 1.5 hours or until beans are super tender.
Yay! So glad you're back to posting recipes. I was missing seeing all of them from Italy.ReplyDelete