- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and chopped (stalk included)
- 1/4 lb. Asiago cheese (although Cheddar is preferable)
- 1 c. Greek-style yogurt (or cream)
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Put the carrots and onion in a pot on medium-high heat with some extra virgin olive oil.
- After a few minutes, add the broccoli and enough water to cover the veggies by an inch or two.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover the pot.
- When the broccoli is very tender, remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender.
- Break up the cheese and mix into the soup.
- Return pot to heat and simmer for a while (maybe half hour or so), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and mix in the yogurt and parsley.
Post a Comment