Round up a few seasonal veggies and toss them together in a quick stir fry to make this dish complete.
- 1/2 lb. pork loin, cubed
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 small can diced tomatoes in sauce (or fresh if available, with added tomato sauce)
- Small handful asparagus, cleaned and quartered
- 1 round zucchini, cut into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- Dredge the cubed pork through the flour and pepper to taste.
- Sauté the pork in a pan with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and cook through.
- Add the tomatoes to the pork and reduce heat to simmer.
- In a wok or another pan, toss the vegetables with a bit of oil and a smattering of black pepper and red pepper flakes, salting to taste.
- Remove the veggies from the pan when they reach their desired tenderness (I prefer mine to have some crunch to them so I sauté them for five minutes or so).
- Remove the pork and veggies from their respective pans and serve over rice.